Hainanese Chicken Rice
A popular traditional dish in Singapore, the crux of Hainanese Chicken Rice lies in marination to ensure great flavour. Don't forget to submerge chicken in ice water to keep the meat tender!
- 20 min Preparation Time
- 40 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 300g Whole Chicken
- 2,500ml Water
- 20g KNORR Chicken Powder
- 60g Ginger
- 100g Sesame Oil
- 200g Scallions
- 200g Uncooked Rice
- 30g Oil
- 50g Garlic
- 50g Sesame Oil
- 800ml Water
- 10g KNORR Chicken Powder
- Clean the chicken and heat the water.
- Put Ginger Chicken and cook over low heat.
- Add Knorr Chicken Powder and cook over 30 minutes intil the chicken is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and place in cold water.
- Hang the chicken to remove the moisture.
- Once chicken is dried, marinate it with sesame oil.
- Use the cooking water for the gravy by straining the sauce, and adding sliced onions to it.
- For the rice, stir-fry garlic until fragrant, add rice to it and stir well.
- Then add water and Knorr Chicken Powder, and cook till the rice is done.
- Presentation of dish
- Serve rice with meat and gravy, together with the soya, chili & ginger sauces to your own preference.
Find out what's everyone saying