A favourite pasta choice of Singaporeans, Spaghetti Carbonara is simple, easy, quick and flavourful. Great for fuss-free lunches or dinners!
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 15 min Cooking Time
- 3 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 2 KNORR Chicken Cube
- 5ml dash of Olive Oil
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 60g Pancetta (chopped and fried)
- 40g Grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 100ml Single Cream
- 350g Dried Spaghetti
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Add in KNORR Chicken Cube in a large pan of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add in a splash of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks thoroughly in a bowl.
- Add in cream and whisk together.
- Once the water starts to boil, add in the spaghetti and cook following packet instructions as a guideline so that the spaghetti retains its texture.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the spaghetti from the stock and place in a colander. Do not throw away the stock in which you've cooked the pasta, instead reserve it for future use for the stew stock.
- Toss a dash of olive oil through the cooked spaghetti (optional) and transfer into large bowl.
- Add in the egg mixture and lightly cooked. Sprinkle over two-thirds of the fried pancetta and toss to mix in.
- Sprinkle some fine freshly grated parmesan over the bottom of the serving dish.
- Top with the spaghetti carbonara.
- Sprinkle the remaining pancetta over for texture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve at once with parmesan on the side.
Find out what's everyone saying