Chicken Stew in White Sauce (Ayam Masak Putih)
Chicken Stew in White Sauce is a richly flavoured savoury stew to spice up your dinners. A quick tip from us is to coat the chicken with flour before frying it. This will help to maintain the juiciness and tenderness of your chicken pieces!
- 10 min Preparation Time
- 25 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBE
- 650ml Water
- 500g Boneless Chicken Meat (cut into bite-sized)
- 300ml Coconut Cream *nutrition tip – Coconut Cream can be replaced with Milk or Cream
- 30g Tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 stalk of Pandan Leaf
- 1 stalk of Lemon Grass
- 1 Lime Leaf
- 2 tbsp Oil
- GROUND INGREDIENTS:
- 120g Shallots
- 80g Garlic
- 1 thumb size Ginger
- 1 thumb size Galangal
- 1 tsp White Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander Seed
- Boil water with KNORR CHICKEN CUBE to obtain a clear chicken stock.
- Season chicken with KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING and set aside.
- Heat pot with oil and fry grounded ingredients until fragrant.
- Add chicken into the pot and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, and bring to boil again.
- When done, add pandan leaf, lemon grass and lime leaf. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Add tomatoes and coconut cream. Simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Season with KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING.
Find out what's everyone saying