Beef Rice Noodle Soup
A signature soupy dish inspired by Vietnamese origins, this is a hearty soup to warm your stomachs!
- 30 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 5 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 13 Beef Meatballs
- 400g Beef Steak (sliced into bite-size pieces)
- 800g Rice Noodles (cooked)
- 200g Bean Sprouts (cooked)
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Deep-fried Garlic Flakes
- 2 stalks Chinese Coriander
- 4 tbsp Garlic Oil
- FOR BEEF SOUP:
- 1,600ml Hot Water
- 2 KNORR BEEF CUBES
- 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 stalks Lemon Grass (cut into 5 cm lengths and crushed)
- 2 Galangal (cut into thick slices and crushed)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (crush whole clove with skin)
- 2 tbsp Cracked White Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 stalk Spring Onion (garnish)
- Heat water in pot. Add all beef soup ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add meatballs and bring to boil again.
- Blanch beef slices in boiling water till cooked.
- Arrange beef slices in individual bowls, fill with rice noodles and bean sprouts.
- Pour desired amount of meatballs and beef soup into serving bowls.
- Garnish with spring onions, garlic flakes, coriander and garlic oil. Serve hot.
Find out what's everyone saying