Chinese Soup with Juicy Shrimp
This homely soup is really easy to make. For a quick meal, you can even pair it with rice to eat it as a soupy porridge!
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 20 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 12 Peeled, deveined, diced medium Shrimps
- 4 Thin slices of ginger
- 1 Blocked tofu, cubed
- 2 Finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 2 Finely diced celery stalks
- 1 Finely diced carrot
- 1-2 cups Fish Stock made from KNORR FISH CUBES (1 KNORR FISH CUBES in 2 cups of water)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or skillet, and fry the shrimps until pink then set aside.
- Fry the ginger, garlic, and green onions until fragrant.
- Stir in the carrots and celeries, and sauté until tender.
- Add the stock, just enough to cover the vegetables and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the tofu and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked shrimps.
- Add black pepper, and then add a tiny bit of sesame oil into the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot.
Find out what's everyone saying