Autumn Chestnut Soup
Feeling adventurous? Try this Autumn Chestnut Soup - traditional chinese ingredients chestnuts but cooked with a western twist!
- 10 min Preparation Time
- 45 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2 Celery sticks, chopped
- 1 Large potato, diced
- 400g Vacuum-packed chestnuts
- 1 litre Vegetable or Chicken Stock made from KNORR Vegetable or Chicken Cube
- 50g Sugar
- 50ml Brandy
- 150-200ml Single cream
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry the onions, garlic and celeries until soft but not coloured.
- Add the potatoes, all but 4 of the chestnuts, stock and pepper to taste.
- Boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the potato is soft, blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- In a separate pan, caramelise the sugar and add brandy to make a syrup.
- Add this syrup to the soup. Stir in the cream and check the seasoning. Crumble remaining chestnuts on top.
Find out what's everyone saying