Sweet Potato Soup
This soup is the perfect comfort food – it’s thick, creamy and wonderfully sweet. If you prefer a bit of bite to your soups, you can always spice it up with a touch of cumin and some crushed chilli flakes to offset the sweetness.
- 30 min Preparation Time
- 10 min Cooking Time
- 6 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 750g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1l Boiling water
- 2 KNORR VEGETABLE CUBE
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Fresh rosemary to season and garnish
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions soften.
- Add the sweet potatoes and fry for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Puree the soup in a food processor, or using a stick mixer in the pan. Stir in the double cream and reheat over a medium heat. Stir occasionally. Season with pepper, lemon juice and rosemary.
Find out what's everyone saying