This rustic pasta dish is great for cosy evenings. Roasting the pumpkin before adding it to the cream broth gives it an extra-special twist!
- 20 min Preparation Time
- 25 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 400g Pumpkin (or other varieties of squash) (deseeded, peeled, and cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1 Onion
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 400g Fettuccine
- 150ml Single Light Cream
- 150ml Knorr Vegetable stock made with 1 KNORR VEGETABLE CUBE in 150ml water
- Small bunch fresh Parsley Leaves (finely chopped)
- Small bunch fresh Chives (snipped)
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme (chopped)
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Bake pumpkin and onion drizzled with oil and thyme in pre-heated oven at 210°C for about 20 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- At the same time, cook the fettuccine according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Place the cream, stock, half the parsley and chives in a frying pan over medium heat. Bring to boil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Drain fettuccine, add to cream mixture and toss to combine.
- Top the pasta with roast pumpkin, onion and sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.
Find out what's everyone saying