A signature dish that every cooking embracer in Singapore will identify with! We recommend for you to cut the chicken to bite size so greater flavours can be achieved while you simmer the curry. You can also experiment with different meats to create your rendition of curry such as fish or pork.
- 20 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 6 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1.2kg Chicken, cut into bite size
- 60g Meat Curry Powder (mixed into paste with water)
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 pieces of Chilli (deseeded and pound well)
- 200g Shallots (pounded well)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (pounded well)
- 4 Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 4 tbsp KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING
- 400ml Water
- 200ml Thick Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil and sauté star anise and cinnamon.
- Add in ground ingredients and stir fry for 2 minutes, then add in curry paste and stir fry another 1 minute. If paste sticks on to pan, spoon in a tablespoonful of thick coconut milk. Continue to fry until oil separates.
- Add in chicken and fry till well coated with curry paste.
- Add potatoes and pour in water and KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING.
- Bring it to boil, then lower fire and simmer chicken for 25 minutes over medium fire, stirring once a while.
- Once chicken is tender and potatoes are cooked, add in thick coconut milk and salt to taste.
- Bring it to boil and turn off fire.