Heart-warming, rich and creamy, this soup is delicious served with crispy garlic bread.
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 KNORR IKAN BILIS CUBE
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 30g Shallot (sliced paper thin)
- A sprig of chopped fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1kg Mixed Mushrooms (such as White button Mushroom, Shiitake, and Portobello) (thinly sliced)
- To Taste - finely Ground Salt
- To Taste - finely Ground White Pepper
- 1,500ml of Water
- 250ml cups of Heavy Cream
- Melt the butter in a heavy stockpot over medium-high heat.
- When it froths, turn down the heat to medium-low, stir in the shallot and thyme and sauté until fragrant for about 3 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms into the pot and sprinkle with the salt and white pepper.
- Cover the pot and sweat the mushrooms until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Stir in the broth and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and serve.
Find out what's everyone saying