Vietnamese Pumpkin Soup
The texture of pumpkin goes wonderfully well with fragrant coconut milk. For foodies looking for healthier options, you may opt to replace coconut milk with fresh milk. Enjoy!
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 KNORR VEGETABLE CUBE
- 650ml Water
- 1 kg Pumpkin (cut into Cubes)
- 20g Shallots (chopped)
- 20g Garlics (chopped)
- 20g slices Ginger (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillis (chopped)
- 1 stalk Lemon Grass (chopped)
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 small stalk Pandan Leaf
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 300ml Coconut Milk *nutrition tip – Coconut Milk can be replaced with fresh Milk
- Mint Leaves
- Basil Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Boil water with KNORR VEGETABLE CUBE to obtain a clear vegetable stock.
- Heat another pot with oil and stir fry chopped ingredients until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock, pandan leaf, lime leaves and pumpkin.
- Bring to boil again. Lower heat and simmer until pumpkin is cooked and tender.
- Use a soup blender to blend the soup to puree.
- Reheat soup. Add coconut milk and fish sauce.
- Garnish with mint, basil and coriander leaves.
Find out what's everyone saying