Tom Yam Steamboat Soup
Having Chinese New Year family steamboats in mind? This is one half of the recipe to a good Yuan Yang Pot to spice up your celebratory feast!
- 10 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- STEAMBOAT STOCK
- 2 KNORR TOM YAM CUBES
- 2200ml Water
- 80g Spring onion bulbs (lightly smashed)
- 3sprig Coriander root
- 3 Lemongrass (thinly sliced to halves)
- 4 Lime leaves (smashed)
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- STEAMBOAT INGREDIENTS
- 1cup Straw mushrooms
- 100g Long bean
- 50g Ripen tomatoes
- 100g Assorted seafood (mussels, scallops and fish fillets)
- 8 Fresh prawns (Clean and trim off the whiskers)
- Heat up a pot with olive oil, lightly fry the shallots and spring onion bulbs a light brown.
- Add in 2 KNORR TOM YAM CUBES and the rest of the ingredients for steamboat stock.
- Bring it to a boil, add in the fresh prawns and simmer for 5mins or until the prawns turn bright red.
- Add in the rest of the steamboat ingredients and be ready to serve in 5mins.
Chef John See’s Flavour Tip:Do add in the prawns only when the soup base is boiling so as not to overcook the prawns.
Find out what's everyone saying