Bitter Gourd Egg with Crispy Shallots
A delightful twist to your usual pan fried egg for your family – bitter gourd and shallots.
- 5 min Preparation Time
- 5 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 3 tsp KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING
- 200g Bitter gourd (cut to half and slice to 1cm thickness)
- 2 Tomatoes (cut to half, remove seeds and cut them to strips)
- 2 Fresh eggs (beaten well)
- 40ml Water
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Crispy shallots
- Heat up a wok with 1 tbsp of cooking oil and lightly fry bitter gourd for 1 minute.
- Add in the water, cover the wok with a lid and wait for it to reach a boil.
- When the water is almost dried, sprinkle the KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING and 1 tbsp of cooking oil over the bitter gourd.
- Add in the strips of tomatoes and pour the beaten egg over. When the egg is almost cooked, flip it over and get ready to serve with some crispy shallots.
- Chef John See’s Flavour Tip: Go for the bitter gourds that are lighter green in colour and softer to touch if you prefer them to be less bitter with your eggs.
Find out what's everyone saying