Fish Maw with Xiang Gu
A nourishing soup with nutritious ingredients to reward yourselves after a long work day.
- 5 min Preparation Time
- 15 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 120g Fish maw (break into pieces)
- 100g Fresh sea cucumber
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- 100g Shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 sprigs Spring onion heads (cut into small rings)
- 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES
- 1 litre Water
- 2 Dried mushrooms (pre-soak to soften and slice to halves)
- 3 tbsp Chinese wine (optional)
- 120ml Corn starch
- 5g Coriander leaves
- Heat up a non-stick pot with oil and add the shallots and spring onion heads before frying fragrance.
- Add in the water with 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES and bring the mixture to a heavy boil in 4 minutes.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients one after the other except the sea cucumber before cooking the mixture for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the fish maw is softened.
- Add in the sea cucumber, Chinese wine and further simmer for 4 more minutes before stirring in the corn starch to thicken the soup base to your desired consistency.
- Finally, taste and garnish to serve.
Find out what's everyone saying