Dried Scallops & Shrimp Carrot Cake
The carrot cake is another local delight that will never cease to impress! Make it at home with the taste of scallop and shrimps.
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 20 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 3tbsp planta
- 500g ready to eat carrot cake, cut into large dice
- 2tbsp chopped garlic
- 3tbsp shredded dried scallops (presoaked)
- 5tbsp pickled turnip (cai poh)
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 1tbsp haochi
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sauce
- 1tbsp sambal chili
- 5tbsp chopped spring onions
- Extra fried shredded scallops for garnish
- In a wok/ frying pan, melt planta with garlic and allow to saute for about 1
- min under medium heat, add dried scallops, eggs and pickled turnip to saute
- for an additional 1 minute.
- Add carrot cake to the mixture and season to taste with haochi, dark soy,
- sweet sauce and sambal chili.
- Allow to cook for another 2minute or until carrot cake is well mixed and hot.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Find out what's everyone saying