Salted Egg Shaker Chips (Lotus Root)
Salted Egg chips are all the rage! Follow this recipe to create another rendition of the crispy, mouthwatering snack to satiate any cravings. It's so good, it's bound to leave you longing for more!
- 120 min Preparation Time
- 30 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 250 g Lotus root (sliced into translucent thins)
- 1 litre Water (with 4 tbsp of salt)
- 5 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500 ml Oil
- Salted Egg Seasoning:
- 8 tbsp Knorr Salted Egg Powder
- 5 Chilli padi (or as desired)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- to taste Salt
- a handful Curry Leaves (fried)
- Soak lotus root in water and salt for 10 mins. Drain and spin till very dry. (If time permits, best to dry lotus root slices under sun for 2 hours or pat dry with a heavy-duty kitchen towel.)
- Dust with corn flour and salt. Shake away excess flour.
- Heat oil and deep-fry in several batches. Drain well. Set aside to cool completely.
- Lightly fry all salted egg seasoning ingredients over low to medium heat until powder turns a slightly darker color.
- Toss evenly over chips and serve.
- ** Lotus Root may be replaced with Potato, Sweet Potato and Apple.
More Recipes With Asian
Find out what's everyone saying