Lotus Root Chicken Soup
Lotus Root and Peanut Soup is a bowl of comfort perfect on a cold day.
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 120 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1/2 Chicken, cut into big pieces
- 350g Lotus Root, sliced
- 2 Carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/4 Cup Dried Peanuts
- 3 Dried Scallop, soaked overnight (optional)
- 1 Dried Octopus, soaked overnight (optional)
- 2.5L Water
- 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES
- Salt to taste
- Blanch chicken in a pot of boiling water for 5-8 minutes. Rinse chicken with water and set aside.
- Wash and cut all the ingredients.
- Bring 2.5L of water to rolling boil, add all the ingredients and over medium high fire boil it for 30 minutes.
- Turn fire to low and simmer for 1.5-2 hours. Season the soup with KNORR CHICKEN CUBES and salt, taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Find out what's everyone saying