Seafood White Vermicelli
White Beehoon is a classic dish served everywhere from restaurants to zichar stalls.
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 25 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 Pkt Vermicelli (Bee Hoon)
- 1/2 Kg Prawns, remove shell and devein
- 1 Squid, remove tentacles and cut into rings
- 250g Pork Belly Or Lean Pork, sliced
- 300g Cai Xin, cut into sections
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Shallot, chopped
- 1-2L Hot Water
- 2 KNORR IKAN BILIS CUBES
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tsp Light Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Hua Tiao Wine
- Soak vermicelli in hot water till soften and drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Break eggs into the hot oil, quickly stir and fry it till cooked. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Stir fry shallot until transparent, add garlic and continue to fry until fragrant.
- Pour all the soaked vermicelli, fry for 3 minutes. Add 1-2 L of hot water (the amount of water should be able to cover all the vermicelli), seafood and pork. Mix well and cover the wok with a lid for 5-8 minutes.
- Add all the seasonings, taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Stir occasionally and simmer until the Knorr Ikan Bilis cubes are all dissolved.
- Add cai xin and fried eggs. Continue to cook until the cai xin is just cooked. Dish up and serve hot.
Find out what's everyone saying