Nasi Goreng Kampung
Nasi Goreng Kampung means village styled fried rice. Nothing beats a plate of classic fried rice, topped with a fried egg!
- 20 min Preparation Time
- 10 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 3 bowls of cooked rice, cooled
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 4-6 french beans, finely sliced
- 4-6 stalks of kangkong, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fried shallots
- 1 tbsp fried ikan bilis
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 1 large bombay onion peeled and sliced
- 4-6 green chili padi (bird's eye chili)
- 1 1/2 tbsp HAO CHI SEASONING
- 4 tbsp fried ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
Seasonings to blend:
- Blend the seasonings until a coarse paste is obtained. Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to help with the blending process if required.
- To a heated wok, add cooking oil and stir fry blended seasoning ingredients until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Mix fried ingredient paste with rice until uniformly coated. Push the rice to one side of the wok and add beaten eggs in the middle to fry slightly. Mix well with rice.
- Add ground pepper, sliced long beans, chopped kangkong and mix well with the other ingredients. Fry until the kangkong leaves are slightly soft but the stems remain crunchy.
- Add fried shallots, fried ikan bilis and give all the ingredients a final toss, dish up and serve immediately.
Find out what's everyone saying