Nasi Goreng Pattaya
Yes, this amazing fried rice wrapped in egg is known as Pattaya Fried Rice or popularly known as Nasi Goreng Pattaya.
- 15 min Preparation Time
- 10 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 3 bowls of cooked rice, cooled
- 200g chicken fillet, cut into small cubes
- 100g frozen mixed vegetables, thawed to room temperature
- 4 eggs for making omelette wrapping skin
- 4-5 tbsp ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp HAO CHI SEASONING
- 2-3 tbsp fried shallots
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- Dash of ground pepper
- Marinate chicken cubes with 1 tsp HAO CHI and a dash of pepper for 15min.
- In a small bowl, add ketchup, light soya sauce, 1 tbsp HAO CHI and mix well.
- To a heated wok, add cooking oil and saute marinated chicken cubes until light brown.
- Add mixed vegetables followed by cooked rice, fried shallots and finally HAO CHI-ketchup mixture. Stir fry over medium-high heat. Mix well until the rice is evenly coated with the mixture.
- In a small bowl, crack eggs and add 2 tsp of HAO CHI, light soya sauce and a dash of ground pepper. Whisk slightly to mix well.
- Pour 1/4 portion of the egg mixture into a heated flat frying pan to make thin omelette wrapping skin. Repeat until all 4 portions of egg mixture are used up.
- Wrap a rice bowl full of fried rice with each piece of omelette skin, invert to form a parcel. Serve immediately with more ketchup on top.
Find out what's everyone saying