YEE FU MEE
Braised E-Fu Noodles is a classic dish often served in Chinese home. It's simple, yummy yet easy to make.
- 20 min Cooking Time
- 4 to 6 Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 1 Hong Kong yee fu mee
- 1 packet brown shimeji mushrooms
- 1 bunch yellow chive, cut into 5 cm in length
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrated Seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- A dash of pepper
- To soften yee fu mee, use hot water to quickly rinse it, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan, saute minced garlic until fragrant. Add shimeji mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add yee fu mee, gently stir and fry it for a minute.
- Add yellow chive, stir and combine all the ingredient. Pour all the seasonings with 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover the wok/pan with a lid, let it cook for a few minutes until the noodles absorb all the gravy and the yellow chive soften. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Dish up and serve hot (You may garnish with some coriander).
Note: do not stir or cook the noodles too much as it will be over cooked and break easily.
Find out what's everyone saying