Grandma’s Glutinous Rice
This Stir-fried Glutinous Rice is a long-standing, classic dim-sum in Chinese restaurants.
- 45 min Cooking Time
- 4 Serv. Recipe Serves
Ingredients & Method
- 500g glutinous rice
- 5-6 mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 300g sliced roasted pork or chicken (cut cubes)
- 4 tbsp dried prawns, soaked
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp canned braised peanut
- 1/2 tsp Knorr SavorRich
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- 1 stalk spring onions, chopped
- Wash and soak glutinous rice for 1 hour and strain.
- Heat some oil in a pan, fry minced garlic till fragrant. Add dried prawns, roasted pork and mushrooms, continue to fry for another 1 minute.
- Mix glutinous rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Season it with all the seasonings, taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Transfer rice to a steamer plate and steam for 30 mins or until cooked.
- Add braised peanuts and garnish with sesame seeds, fried shallots and spring onion. Serve hot.
Find out what's everyone saying